LBMA Subscriber is a new offering outside of our membership structure. It has been designed for organisations such as central banks, downstream multinationals, fintechs and others that want to keep up to date with the Global OTC market, but do not necessarily have a direct bullion-based relationship with its participants.
Subscribers have access to LBMA’s information services, as well as the opportunity to participate in working groups to drive the advancement of global standards and market development.
- Have a seat at the table to contribute to the future direction of the precious metals market via the development of global standards and solutions.
- Advice, guidance and briefings on a range of physical, compliance and regulatory issues, currently only available to Members.
- Discounts on LBMA events (Global Precious Metals Conference, Forums, Assaying & Refining Conference, etc.).
- Receive Member only briefings, publications and our Members Weekly newsletter.
- Plus, receive the member discount rate for LBMA’s e-learning platforms including the Vault Operators and the Global Precious Metals Code. Discounts are also available for LBMA’s one-day training course ‘An Introduction to Loco London’.
- Categories and Fees
1. Subscriber Only Category
Access to the Subscriber benefits with more to follow.
2. Good Delivery List (GDL) Licence Only Category
A GDL Licence provides organisations with the right to reference the Good Delivery List and Rules or any proprietary information contained therein. Licencees also have access to LBMA’s Visual Guide for Defects and Imperfections in Good Delivery Bars: a vital tool for any institution that stores gold or wishes to check on the bars that it owns.
3. Combined Licence and Subscriber Category
This combined offering includes the benefits of both Subscriber and the Good Delivery Licence.
The first annual fee is payable once your application is received. The subscription runs from 1 January to 31 December so fees will be adjusted pro-rata during the first Subscription year. This subscription fee must be paid prior to the on boarding process. The annual subscription fee may be subject to change. The fees for 2020 are as follows:
Classification Subscriber Fee GDL Licence Fee License + Subscriber Fee Global £20,000 £20,000 £25,000 Regional £15,000 £20,000 £25,000 SME/Services £7,500 £10,000 £15,000
Large organisations who are engaged in most or all major financial centres around the world.
For all other organisations that conduct business primarily within their own country and/or region.
For small to medium sized enterprises (SME’s), not for profits and small consulting firms.
Subscribers do not form part of LBMA’s Membership and therefore do not have the same voting or regulatory status as Members. Subscribers are also not permitted to use the LBMA logo or branding.
- Application Process
Submit an application using our online form.
LBMA sets and maintains high standards of integrity. In keeping with this, all applications will be subject to a KYC due diligence process.
All applications will be considered for approval by the LBMA Executive Committee.
Once an application has been approved, Subscribers will be notified and invoiced their respective fees. On payment of fees, LBMA’s membership services coordinator will make contact to start the on boarding process.
- Next Steps