Please find below a summary of useful travel, meeting points and amenities during your time at the LBMA/LPPM Global Precious Metals Conference 2023.
Closest Transport Hubs
The W Barcelona is located at Plaça Rosa Del Vents 1, Final, Pg. de Joan de Borbó, 08039, just at the end of Barceloneta Beach. Barcelona-El Prat Airport is just under 10 miles away, approximately a 23-minute drive, and Girona-Costa Brava Airport is 61 miles away, approximately a 70-minute drive. There is also a number of rail and underground stations around the W Barcelona.
- Barceloneta underground station – 1.1 miles
- Jaume I underground station – 1.4 miles
- Estacio de Francia rail station – 1.5 miles
- Drassanes underground station – 1.6 miles
- Liceu underground station – 1.7 miles
- Arc de Triomf rail and underground station – 1.9 miles
- Barcelona Sants rail station – 4.2 miles
For those staying at the overflow hotels – the Eurostars Grand Marina Barcelona and the Edition Barcelona – shuttle coaches have been arranged to transport you to and from the W Barcelona at the following times:
- Monday, 16 October – 08:00 hotel to W Barcelona; 16:45 W Barcelona to hotel
- Tuesday, 17 October – 08:00 hotel to W Barcelona
If you wish to travel outside of these times, please make your own arrangements.
The parking options at the W Barcelona are on-site parking, complimentary valet parking, and an electric car charging station.
For the duration of the Conference, coffee will be served in the exhibition hall and at the barista station. Lunch will be served in the Salt Restaurant.
Facilities Within the Venue
There are several amenities within the W Barcelona for guests to make use of.
Places to meet, eat and drink:
- NOXE – A fine-dining Japanese restaurant, cocktail bar and nightclub high above Barcelona.
- COYA – A Peruvian restaurant where flavour blends seamlessly with contemporary design, creating a captivating dining experience.
- FIRE – One of the city’s most sizzling insider hotspots, FIRE is the glam place to socialise, connect, eat real food and soak up the W Barcelona buzz.
- Wet Deck – The terrace to enjoy cocktails and bites poolside whilst overlooking the Mediterranean.
For more information on these venues, please visit the W Barcelona website.
- WiFi will be available during the Conference, details of which will be available onsite and sent out in email communications prior to the event.
Other Local Points of Interest
While you are in Barcelona, we recommend visiting some of the local landmarks.
- Las Ramblas (2.8 miles) – Take a trip down the iconic Las Ramblas boulevard in the heart of Barcelona. Packed with restaurants, bars, and street performers, you will never be short of food, drink, and entertainment.
- Sagrada Família (3.6 miles) - Beginning construction in 1882 under the architect Antoni Gaudí, the Sagrada Família is the largest unfinished Catholic church in the world. Still under construction today and not expected to be completed until after 2026, have a look at the unique state of this impressive piece of architecture while you can.
- Camp Nou (6.5 miles) – For any football fans attending the Conference, Camp Nou is well worth a visit. Home of La Liga club FC Barcelona and with a seating capacity of 99,354, it is the third largest football stadium in the world and is a sight to behold on a sunny Barcelona day.