LBMA Privacy Notice
This statement sets out how we use and protect any Personal Information that you give us when you use this website or other services offered by LBMA i.e. data which relates to an identifiable individual, such as names, addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers. If you have any questions about our policy, please contact us prior to using this website or other services offered by LBMA.
What information do we collect?
In general, you can use this website without giving us any information. However we may collect personal and/or business details and information to be used for the purposes set out below in relation to this website, LBMA Membership, the Good Delivery List, and events amongst other things.
We may process your personal data including your name and email address for the purposes of operating our website, LBMA Membership, the LBMA Good Delivery , providing our services, ensuring the security of our website and services, and communicating with you.
In relation to our annual LBMA LPPM Conference and other events, we may process information relating to transactions, including your contact details. The transaction data may be processed for the purpose of supplying the purchased services and keeping proper records of those transactions.
Data may be processed for the purposes of communicating with you and record-keeping. This includes asking you to review our services after you have attended an event.
We may process data about your use of our website and services, such as geographical location.
If you have subscribed to LBMA Updates, we may send you emails on LBMA news, invites and events. Article 6 of the Regulation requires personal data to be processed lawfully, which can be satisfied if the individual has given explicit consent, or the processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interest pursued by the controller, amongst other criteria.
You can opt out of marketing emails at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the footer of any email.
What do we do with the information we collect?
We use this information to provide you with a better LBMA Membership service, to respond to your enquiries, to control user access and internet site security, to keep you informed of any new services, and to contact you for market research/customer survey purposes.
With whom do we share this information?
We will not transfer, disclose, sell, distribute or lease your Personal Information to any third parties not affiliated with LBMA, other than in the following circumstances: -
- We have your specific, informed and explicit permission;
- We are required by law to do so;
- We may disclose Personal Information to our agents and contractors in order to provide services to you, but only where these are services you have signed up to or agreed to; or
- We may share transaction data with our payment services providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds.
We may also provide third parties with anonymised information and analytics about our website visitors, which will not identify any individual.
How can you control your personal data?
You have rights relating to your personal information, including the following:
- To be informed about how your personal information is being used;
- To access the personal information we hold about you;
- To request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you;
- To request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances;
- To stop direct marketing messages, and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time;
- To request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider; and
- To complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer using the details set out at the end of this Policy. We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure and understand that privacy is important to you. We take reasonable precautions to ensure that the Personal Information we hold about you remains confidential. In order to prevent unauthorised access or modification, improper use or disclosure and unlawful destruction or accidental loss we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on line. This includes information security technology such as firewalls, anti-virus software and password access protection controls.
We may link to other websites which are not within our control. Once you have left our website, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
When you visit our site we may automatically log your IP address, a unique identifier for your computer or other access device. We will not use your IP address to identify you in any way. However, any activity we deem to be harmful to this website which can be attributed to a particular IP address may result in that IP address or range of IP addresses being disallowed further access to this website.
LBMA Data Protection Officer
If you require any assistance concerning data protection, please contact the LBMA Data Protection Officer, Anne Calderbank, at: