Joining the world’s only independent authority for precious metals ensures your organisation gets a seat at the table of an internationally respected body and offers wide-ranging benefits.
Gain Market Insight and Help Shape Future Direction
Have a seat at the table to steer the future development of the global industry.
Join working groups and market committees which advance global standards and develop market solutions.
Shape the future of the market by informing work with regulators and governments.
Have your views represented on key legislation and regulatory issues.
Access to weekly briefings, Alchemist magazine and webinars on hot topics.
Access to Specialist Knowledge, Resources and Advice
Expert guidance on physical, compliance and regulatory issues.
Access the technical expertise of the LBMA team and other senior industry members.
Express your concerns to the regulator from an impartial perspective.
Earn CPD points when attending LBMA webinars and selected events.
Plus, Terminal Markets Order (TMO) VAT conditions are applicable to LBMA Full Members.
Help Raise Standards and Develop the Market
Be part of market transparency initiatives such as LBMA Trade Data.
Promote market confidence through attestation to the Global Precious Metals Code.
Demonstrate best practice through engaging with our Responsible Sourcing Programme.
Grow Your Network with Knowledge, Contacts and Expertise
Grow your business using the LBMA Members logos, plus the link to your organisation will be displayed on the LBMA website.
Preferential rates for our events and training opportunities
Connect with other industry leading members at complimentary networking events, workshops and general meetings.
Benefits by Membership Type
|Benefit||Market Making Member||Full Member||Affiliate|
|Vote at general meetings or annual general meetings or on written resolutions||●||●||●|
|Count toward the quorum at general meetings or annual general meetings||●||●||●|
|Nominate, vote, propose or second Board members||●||●||●|
|Run for election to the Board (1)||●||●|
|Benefit from the Terminal Markets Order (2)||●||●|
|Eligible to apply to Benchmark Administrators to become a direct or indirect participant in the Benchmark Price Auction processes (3)||●||●|
|Receive significant discounts for annual conferences and other open events||●||●||●|
|Access to free-to-attend member-only events, enabling networking with other Member businesses (4)||●||●||●|
|Access to free educational webinars (5)||●||●||●|
|Access to market intelligence and expert analysis||●||●||●|
|LBMA Membership demonstrates integrity and transparency throughout precious metals supply chain; coupled with attestation to the Code||●||●||●|
|Receive advance notice of upcoming legislation, providing organisations with the opportunity to lobby legislation (6)||●||●||●|
* For Affiliates only: For specific interpretation of the existing Rules to Affiliate Members please contact: email@example.com
(1) In accordance with the Articles of Association, there are six elected posts on the LBMA Board. There are three posts for Market Making Members and three for Full Members. Elections for Market Making and Full Member posts are held on alternate years in accordance with the Articles of Association.
(2) The Terminal Markets Order is an agreement between LBMA and HM Revenue & Customs, providing Members with zero-rated VAT on investment gold and silver products. Specific terms are covered under the HMRC/LBMA Memorandum of Understanding.
(3) Please note that the ultimate decision to participate in the benchmark auctions rests with the relevant benchmark administrator.
(4) Some limitations may be placed upon Affiliate Member attendance, depending on the nature of the event.