LBMA Sustainability and Responsible Sourcing Strategy 2024-2026
Focus Area Four
FOCUS AREA FOUR: LBMA’s own sustainability
Objective: While LBMA is a small organisation, it is important nonetheless that we seek to observe the highest standards of environmental and social performance, including those related to our own workforce, diversity and inclusion, and climate impacts.
LBMA recognises this focus area covers matters that are outside of LBMA’s expertise. LBMA will work alongside subject matter experts in relation to the relevant items.
- Identify and assess the social (including human rights) and environmental (including climate) impacts of LBMA’s operations and its key business partners.
- Adopt targets to mitigate the effects of LBMA operations on climate and reduce Green House Gas (GHG) emissions.
- Undertake an independent integrity and ethics assessment of LBMA operations, business partners, and governance.
- Promote gender and racial diversity across the LBMA, including among senior management and the Board of Directors.
- Promote and support workforce’s participation in Social Action projects/organisations.
- LBMA social and environmental impact assessment.
- Independent integrity and ethics assessment.
- Scope LBMA climate policy with science-based, net zero commitments.